Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Sexier" Dora the Explorer

Really? REALLY WORLD? Who thought that what we needed was a redesign of Dora the Explorer?

Not that I know much about this, as I don't have kids, but the existing Dora seems basically fine to me, and refreshingly not princessy (I mean, if girls want to be super girly princesses, fine for them, but there should be OPTIONS).

Wikipedia can show you more about Dora.

but now, now, she's going to be a tween. Because they want her to appeal beyond the preschool market.

As a fuddy-duddy prude, I sort of hate the idea of TV for preschoolers, but I sure don't think making Dora "more feminine" is an appropriate extension. UGH. I can't find a really good link to share, but some podcasts got mad, and riled me up. Ditto feministing.

Ok, half-baked and underinformed, but please. C'mon.

No comments:

Post a Comment