Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Don't Panic

Ok. I know that a flu pandemic is serious business, but, for real. Do you know how big the US is? 50 cases is not the time to panic. Heck, 1,600 cases in Mexico is serious, but still. There are 111,211,789 people in Mexico, according to the internet. That means .001% have swine flu (if I did the math right, and since I didn't use excel, that could be dicey).

There is a time to panic. That time is not right now. Now is the time to make sure you wash your hands as appropriate and don't sneeze on doorknobs.

4 comments:

  1. is this for me? there was a potential case at TC, and I think I should be allowed to cute school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach, why does everyone think everything I write is aimed at them. Generally I'm aiming at everyone, not just one person.
    A CPS school in Rogers Park was closed for the same reason, so clearly no one where I work should go to school. no.

    ReplyDelete