Friday, April 17, 2009

In which I whine about travel

I know, it's very cliched. Feel free to ignore all of this.

Here are some trivial matters related to airplane travel on which I have very strong opinions.

  • Designing airports with tile floors (the kind with small gaps between each tile--I'm sure there's a name, I don't know it) is ludicrous. Almost everyone is rolling a bag--thump, ka-thump, thump, ka-thump... The noise is infuriating and makes an already stressful situation worse.
  • You don't need to put your carry-on bag into a bucket. Those are for loose items, outerwear, and laptops. If you put your bag in it for no reason, the TSA agent will reprimand you, delaying everyone behind you. Also read the very clear sign: your laptop has to be in its own bin. Or they'll make you do it again. AND NO ONE WANTS THAT.
  • Seriously, if you haven't traveled recently, look up the rules in advance. Everyone will be grateful.
  • You know how they tell you not to put your coat above the seat until everyone's bag is up there? Yeah, don't be an asshole.
There are other things, of course, but figured I'd let you add your own in the comments....

No comments:

Post a Comment