Friday, January 30, 2009

Electronic Resources

Now, I realize that this is a first world problem of the highest order, and one that really applies only to people like me, whose work-study job is to conduct research on South Africa for a professor in my graduate school program. Now, I love this job, and I will be really sad to have to leave it in May, so I take this rather seriously.

It is my current assignment to proof a bibliography for this professor's new book, and it is so much harder than it should be. Half the newspapers that are supposed to be on LexisNexis aren't, and Factiva is a fucking joke. Seriously. I never thought I would ever care, but I really do. I take issue with this mainly because these newspapers are 2nd/3rd world publications, and they are not being properly documented, which I think is kind of racist. Anyway, it makes me super mad that there is no way to double check the page number of an article in the Mail & Guardian because it is not properly archived online. Dumb. This is what the internet is for!

No comments:

Post a Comment