Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ex-boyfriends Ruining Songs

So, sometimes you have a boyfriend (or girlfriend, or transgendered friend), and (s)he is the worst, or your relationship is terrible, or you break up because he wants to get back together with a Scientologist. This sucks. Truly. Not Trivial in the slightest.

But the worst is when you hear a song and you think of this person, and you cry and the song in RUINED.

That is so lame. Songs are for all people! I want to listen to "Lay, Lady, Lay" on repeat because it is great, not because this one time we heard it at a concert and it is so romantic. It's not romantic. It is sad as hell, and vaguely abusive.

I am happy to say that tonight, a number of songs that once belonged to the ages have helped me write my thesis. Take that, boys!

This is the first in a series of Valentine's Day related posts that have nothing to do with my non-existent love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment