Friday, January 23, 2009

Sexy Mrs. Claus

Dear lord, how I hate "sexy Mrs. Clauses". I find them to be totally creepy and weird and upsetting. Why are we blending Maxim style sex appeal with a folk character for children? WHY?!? I also hate most every "sexy" Halloween costume, but that is pretty mainstream, and is a topic that I think has been pretty well covered in your feminist blogs the internet over. But Sexy Mrs. Claus must be stopped. Christmas is not sexy. It shouldn't be, and those who think "Christmas- a time of giving, family and peace... yeah, it could really use some sexy-times" are really screwed up, and are messing up one of my favorite holidays. Now, I know that many people much more conservative than myself have other problems with how Christmas is celebrated, and I know that many don't even celebrate the holiday and their gripes about the season are more legit than mine, but please- please- can we all agree that women dressed in red mini skirts with white fur trim, crop tops & elf hats are gross? Can we? In the spirit of Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment