Saturday, January 31, 2009

People who talk on the phone at a movie

Seriously? You just paid $12 to see Synecdoche, New York, and you are going to take a phone call in the middle of it and then talk on the phone on the stairs on your way outside? Ridiculous. More to the point, I paid $12 to see Synedoche, New York, and you have just interrupted my afternoon by being ridiculous. Save your money and stay home, watch something on On-Demand cable and don't bother the rest of us. Unless you are a doctor, there is no call that you have to take in the middle of my movie-going experience.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I totally agree about the phone thing, but let's unpack this a little.
    Thing 1: You voluntarily saw Synedoche, New York? Isn't that supposed to be completely incoherent and awful? And pretentious on top?
    Thing 2: It costs $12 to see a movie? Move back to Chicago so we can go to the Davis together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thing 1: Yep. It was fine. I hated Adaptation, and this was way better, I guess. I was sort of a love letter/complete indictment of theater.
    Thing 2: New York is a fucking ludicrous place to live.

    ReplyDelete