Thursday, February 19, 2009

"The Art of..."

As an arts manager, I get invited to a lot of seminars. Many are extraordinarily useful. Some aren't. I'm sure this is true of professional development seminars in all fields. Perhaps unique to the arts, however, is that most of these seminars are entitled "the art of..."

Just the ones I have handouts from or announcements about in easy reach:

The Art of Maximizing your PRI
The Art of Nonprofit Management: a governance forum
The Art of Online Grantwriting
The Art of Nonprofit Cash Management
Finding Foundation Funders: The Art of Successful Prospecting
The Art of New Media Marketing Strategies

I GET IT! IT'S SO PUNNY! Because it's for the arts! And it's about "the art of..." So CLEVER.

I'm sure playwrights hate attending workshops on "From Page to Stage" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment