Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Gmail redesign

First, Why didn't you tell me gmail? Why did I have to learn from Lifehacker that new "features" were coming to gmail? I know you've been in Beta for years (which, also, get over yourself gmail), but still.
I'm generally fine with the buttons on top, but why so square? Why so shiny? Why the new font? Why are the same features now on the top as in the sidebar? I know I can customize this, but if you were going to change the way things work up top, why not add new features instead of merely replicating existing ones that were already on the same page? Why is this necessary?

Perhaps I just hate change. Ask me in a few weeks, maybe I won't even remember what is different.

This does remind me that some people use their gmail differently from how I use my gmail. Some of you, I hear, don't archive anything. Weirdos. I bet this is more useful for you.

2 comments:

  1. i too hate change. but i have already forgotten exactly what it used to look like. i know it's new and i know i don't like it as much, but all i can tell is that the buttons are square and a bit different. are there more major changes? and i archive everything. i try to have under 30 messages in my inbox at all times. i don't like the clutter. i don't know how people deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Hotmail you can answer with the note D to refute the communication. Hotmail furthermore reports the recipient that it is a connection from somebody utilizing Window Live Messenger. Hotmail's procedure sort of recalls of you of what it is like to broadcast with somebody through Facebook.visit this site

    ReplyDelete