Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oh My God! That smells like...

So, I go outside to run down the street and buy a coke at around 10:30 on this Valentine of a day, and I expect this to be a fairly painful task, since I live in 'Mardi Gras-bar-Jersey teenagers in bars' heaven on the Lower East Side of New York. My apartment happens to be sandwiched between several bars, none of which allow smoking inside (good thing), so there are always quite a few young, loud people in front of my building smoking and whatnot (not so good thing). I don't really care.
But the young blonde lady down the street does, because she smells "the weed." Now, I think she is probably from Alabama or some similar Deep Southern state. Her accent is great. Her obsession with finding out who is smoking weed on the street on a Saturday night in Party Central USA is not. Quiet, young lady. There's more where that came from. But unless you plan on attending the special Valentine's Day Counting Crowes-Phish Reunion concert featuring the editorial staff of High Times later tonight, get over it and MOVE ON. Get drunk like the rest of America. Or at least keep your commentary to a reasonable decible level.

No comments:

Post a Comment